top of page
SiVEC’s mission is to use our BactPac™ drug delivery platform to develop advanced biologics and out-license the platform to pharma companies who need a safe, tissue-targeted method of delivery to advance nucleic acid and gene therapies into clinical stages. We are developing first-in-class programs targeting cancer, infectious, and genetic diseases.
SiVEC-IAV™, the first inhaled live biotherapeutic antiviral. SiVEC-IAV is an siRNA therapeutic that is delivered to the respiratory tissues to stop influenza virus infection. The BactPac™ platform has been engineered to express shRNA molecules targeting conserved regions in all type A influenza viruses, providing fast-acting broad anti-influenza activity against seasonal and pandemic flu.
ADVANTAGES of SiVEC-IAV™
• inhaled or spray delivery to the respiratory tissues for rapid activity
• non-invasive, safe and easy to use anytime and anywhere
• broad protection against a wide range of influenza strains
• activity against viruses resistant to neuraminidase inhibitors
• prevents development of antiviral resistance while maximizing protection
• does not require cold-chain storage, scalable, rapid manufacturing
• can be used in high-risk patients with complicated influenza
Using the BactPac™ platform, SiVEC has developed a first-in-class live biotherapeutic cancer therapy targeting oncogenic KRAS (pan-mutant KRAS therapeutic); widely applicable to a broad patient population due to its recalcitrance to specific KRAS mutations, revolutionizing the treatment of KRAS-mutant cancer. We have engineered our bacteria to express and deliver a single domain antibody (nanobody) that broadly targets mutant KRAS. This cancer therapeutic targets KRAS mutations in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC), colorectal cancer (CRC), and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
bottom of page